Carolyn’s Garden

Carolyn’s Garden

Monday, March 30, 2015

ASk at Skagit Valley Tulip Fields today

Two more days until the "official" opening of the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival and the fields are at peak already. Anacortes sketchers met across from Christianson's Nursery in Mt. Vernon today at what may be the ultimate field this year.
ASk sketching in the tulip fields today. Sketch in progress by Michele Cooper
A bystander asked if we all wanted our photo together, I gave her my camera, she took two photos and I have no idea what happened to them. I should have checked to see if she pushed the right button, I guess.

I did get some photos of Anne and Joyce sitting on their portable camp stools very close to the mud! and our group photo of sketches, a distant view of the group putting their work at the end of a row and a trophy shot of my sketch in progress.

Get 'em while you can! This time next week, the fields may be topped. They do this so that the bulbs, the main crop, will develop. You can find tulips and bulbs from the Skagit Valley in Holland, where they also have a festival this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment